Thursday, April 23, 2015

The end is nigh

WOW, I cannot believe this year is almost over. It has been a truly awesome experience. For anyone reading this blog and wondering whether I would recommend this program, I do. Like anything, you will get what you put in, but this program is perfect as a way to improve your credentials for medical school. Maybe I was lucky, but I also found my classmates to be really awesome. We all shared many of the same problems and goals, but we each had unique experiences and backgrounds.

I gained a lot of self-discipline and clarified my long term goals. This program also helped me tremendously with the MCAT. Medical Pharmacology and Principles of Pharmacology were our most important classes for much of the year. I enjoyed learning about the science behind many different pharmacologic agents as well as the clinical correlates and how to treat different diagnoses. My favorite block was the Cardio/ANS block.

Perhaps just as much as the classes, I've also enjoyed the city. Exploring New Orleans has been a blast. I have tried so many different kinds of foods and visited so many different areas with very distinct atmospheres and culture. New Orleans is a very diverse place which makes it very interesting and it offers so much to do. When I didn't have class or tests coming up, my friends and I could always find something fun to do.

I plan on staying here this summer and next year and hopefully doing research in a lab at Tulane and working for the Princeton Review as an instructor. I will miss all my friends that are leaving, but luckily it seems like close to half of the class will be staying. Anyway, it has been an amazing year and I am very grateful I had this opportunity.

Total Volunteer Hours for Spring Semester: 50 hours
KIPP: 16 hours
St. Anna's: 32 hours
Soil Samples for Environmental Pharmacology: 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment