Sunday, November 30, 2014

November


This month has been incredibly busy for me as I juggle MCAT preparation, courses, volunteering and research.
I finally got to begin working in Dr. Kadowitz’s lab! On Tuesdays I go to the lab for four hours and get to help prepare drugs, observe surgeries and record data. The math behind drug preparation can sometimes get a bit mind boggling, but the surgeries have certainly been very interesting to watch.
MCAT preparation has really absorbed most of my time, even more so than courses. I have found that I learn best through practice, so my study method involves many problems. Although time consuming, the MCAT material is actually kind of interesting and many of the problems pose intriguing challenges.
I have continued to volunteer at St. Anna’s and the Tulane Medical Center, both of which continue to be great experiences.
Aside from all that I tried to make sure I found some time to meet up with friends and see more of the city. For Thanksgiving I stayed in New Orleans (I did not want to go back to 20 degree weather and snow in CT). A friend of mine was gracious enough to invite me to his family’s Thanksgiving celebration where I enjoyed good food and engaging conversation.
It has been a great month, if a bit a busy for me, but I really cannot complain!

Volunteering:
Tulane Medical Center: 3 hours

St. Anna’s Clinic: 8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment